doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Jaguar is the only car maker that I think could make a car better than the 3-Series. They really seem to understand that it isn't about numbers, its about how the car feels. If they put a manual transmission in it, I think BMW should be worried. They probably wont be competitive in terms of sales, but in terms of pride. Just look at the Jaguar line up right now. There is the XJ,XF, XK, and F-Type. They are all stunning cars, and have tons of character. The latter cannot be said about any current BMW.

And do people seriously not realize that the picture is a render? I don't even think a prototype has been spotted yet.
This post is dead on!!! Aside from the 1 & 3 Series current Jags came out ahead of 5 and 7 series in a few car comparisons. I remember a reading about it in C&D where they raved about the way it drove and it's steering. BMW really needs to take it to another level on all their models.

Also what is BMW waiting for to switch to aluminum frames? Audi has been doing it since the late 90's and Jaguar has done it since the early 2000's. Some of these new BMWs like the 5 and 7 are porkers and can benefit from aluminum frames. BMW has experience with aluminum with the Z8 so i can only thing it's a money issue.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0