View Single Post
      04-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
jkim1201
Rep
Drives: 428i

Need help: Low tires pressure warning on new car.

Hello forum,
I purchased new F32 428i from BMW dealership about a month ago. When I first got in and start up the car, I got the low tire pressure warning on front left tire. My sales advisor told me that it's nothing to worry about, and it can be simply reset. It was pretty cold that evening and the car was sitting in the lot for months. As a previous F10 and E82 owner, I understand random tpms error during cold weather so I overlooked this issue and bought the car. I left the dealership around 10pm, and service dept was closed to fill up the air. So I return few days later and service dept filled up the air and reset the tpms.
Everything was fine up until few days ago. I started to see low tire pressure warning once again. And this time it was 70+ degree in the afternoon. I checked the tire pressure with actual tire pressure gauge, and it was reading at 25psi on front left tire. It leads me to think that front left tire have slow leak or defected. I ran my hands thru the tire and scan through the tread with my eyes and I was not able to find any nail or holes.
I'm going to the dealership tomorrow for encore service where they install front license plate/car wash/fill up the gas for free. Now my question is can dealer see error code/warning through their system using a scan tool? If they can see that warning was there previously, I will ask them to replace a tire at their cost. If I have to pay for a replacement, I'll just ditch the run flat and move on to something better.
F32 have been rock solid and while it's not comfortable as my previous F10 or nimble as E82, I found F32 is very well balanced car.
Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0