View Single Post
      10-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #42
ff02
Rep
Drives: 335d x drive msport

Huge market for bad sounding high powered diesels? But when please?

Hi,

I have been in touch with a company in Germany who seem to be doing very well out of this Sound Generator. The German market is advanced. UK I can't find anything:

www.incarstyle.de

Their videos on youtube show how you can get an adjustable V8 deep 'warble' sound from your car. Controlled via your cruise controls- on/off/ volume, sound selection

I also contacted Supersprint and the Italians are also currently doing testing on a more integrated version using the same kit. So that the sound comes from the pipes than a seperate pipe under the car that basically drowns out the existing exhaust noise.Both versions are to be removable so you can take it onto your next car. They are not clear on steering wheel integration as the standard kit comes with a control module you would find space for on your dash which isn't so good for obvious reasons.

The company that makes it and has the monopoly is Kufatec

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/de/sound...mw-4er-f-serie

It looks like BMW have taken this and integrated it using the German principle of welding it to the external exhaust.

It sounds amazing on You Tube so was delighted to see BMW looking to offer it soon.

Does anyone know when?

Yes, it needs to sound realistic so I think only suits certain cars and can't be too loud but it is the only solution you will get for a diesel.

Prices from the German company?
c800 euros for a left/right 90mm exhaust with the SG already added leaving only mounting and electronic install to be done. A bit more for blackpipes.
The SG is 1300 euros
A new left/right valance is required if you have like me the 335d which has twin pipes at the left.- 90 euros.

So if BMW offer it direct, it will be better as it feels more reassuring. My BMW garage offered to fit the german version no problem with no effect on the warranty. C£500 pound or less if no problems arise.

Thoughts ?
Appreciate 0