11-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #883
stu14t
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 330i MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
Ok sure - followed the same process that I did for my own car running ID4 which worked fine, so really am lost. Anyway, buttons pressed as follows:

1. Run E-sys Launcher
2. Once E-sys open, click on connection icon and select 'F020' not DIRECT
3. Connection establishes successfully.
4. In 'Coding' tab click on 'Read' then save down the file before clicking 'Edit'.
5. This opens the 'FA editor' tab.
6. Right-click 'FA' and then select 'Calculate FP'
7. Once vehicle profile populates on right hand side, I click down through 'FZAuftrag' to get to 'SALAPA element'.
8. In the bottom left box where the 3-digit VO codes appear, I edit 6NH to 6NS and then click 'Apply changes'.
9. I then click 'Calculate FP' again, and no error appears so I save the file.
10. I follow the optional steps by going into 'Expert Mode' and then 'VCM'.
11. Once in there I load the VO profile and again click 'Calculate FP'. I then go to the 'VCM master' box and click 'Write FA FP'.
12. I then click the 'Coding' tab and a pop-up appears asking me if I want re-load my data file in module 'Coding'. I click 'Yes'.
13. Once in the coding tab, I click 'Activate FA' (checking that the changes i.e. 6NW have pulled through) and then I click 'Read SVT'.
14. Once the SVT box populates, I scroll down to NBT2 and right-click and say 'Code' (taking care not to click the CAFD this time!!).
15. Once I click code, the script runs and iDrive reboots. The coding finishes showing no errors and I disconnect.
16. At this point, office etc becomes available when pairing new devices but telephone 2 does not appear (like it does in your screenshot above).

I can't see where I've gone wrong and have been back through this thread and the coding guide included with E-sys. The same method seemed to work for me on my own car with ID4
You may be doing this but here's what works for me:

After I change the FA from 6NH to 6NS, I push the little button that looks like a open door next to the SALAP box

and then press the SAVE symbol (disk button at the Top).

Go back to expert mode and click Coding

Right click on FA and Activate FA

Then read SVT

Right click on NBT2 folder and code.

You don't need to write the FA back to the car

Edit: to be fair I can't see anything that stands out in your list. It all looks good

Last edited by stu14t; 11-21-2017 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
KCH1984951.50