02-01-2018, 07:12 PM   #60
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
Regardless, both "i" models have been total flops to date. I hope they put some performance back into these as BMW is really going down the wrong road these days.
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
What happens when these electric variants don't sell? Is BMW going to start making "real" cars again or are they too far down the German Toyota rabbit hole?
What will happen when they do sell, and sell like crazy? Will your head explode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
I8 is not a flop, its a niche car at a high price that few people can afford. I3 is a flop, but bmw is not surprised nor upset. They dont want to make electric cars at volume, its unfamiliar to them so they targeted a small market. The tesla demand is pushing bmw to go more mainstream with electrics but they are gritting their teeth in resistance, hoping and betting on tesla to fail at model 3. Will be interesting.
More fake news, the i3 sells like crazy in other markets. Some people have to wait months to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
the problem with the i3 is they made it very ugly. sure, this is an individual taste, but i have NEVER heard anyone say they like the way it looks. i've heard tons of people say its ugly. uglier than my smart car.
plus, they aren't willing to deal on the i3. when i was exploring leases, it was as much as a gas/diesel three series. no thanks.
You went to the wrong dealer(s). CPO's are an even better deal, I paid less than $18k for my EE i3, a carbon fibre car for less than $20k!

As for the looks, I love them. They can be ugly in the wrong color(s) and stock. Just a few easy mods go a long way (springs, spacers, tint, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
i3 has done quite well but is too expensive and no doubt too expensive for BMW to be able to build and profit from.
Yet they do profit from each and every one of them, google the Munro & Associates tear down of the car.

-----

Well thats as far as I could get without quoting every single post as wrong. {People} just chatting about something they have ABSOLUTELY no knowledge about.

This is why I do not frequent this type of car forum much anymore, just a bunch of keyboard cowboys shooting at the hip (or hands) about things they have no real knowledge on.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I get so tired of defending this car. Its amazing and if you can't see it then you obviously haven't experienced as I have. We have two and have had 3 (first one was a lease).

My leased REx
My CPO EE BEV (not lowered yet)

*heads back to the i3 FB group*

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15

Last edited by mkoesel; 02-02-2018 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: Name calling
Appreciate 1
SCOTT265309.00