Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
To who?

Exterior? Thats totally subjective, some will like it, some won't. Both transmissions in the ATS have been said to be poor. The suspension is better than the F30's and both engines are said to be not as good as bmw's offerings.
Definitely subjective, but hardly unheard of. The new F30 design is a step back from the E90/E92 design. I have warmed up to it a little bit over the past few months, but the front fascia is absolutely horrid especially on base trims.

I concede that BMW builds better 4 and 6 cylinders (especially 6 cylinders) than GM's equivalent offerings in the ATS. However, GM makes the best V8s, and I hope that the next ATS-V will come with the new Gen V SBC V8. To date, no manufacturer has built better V8s in the last 50 years.

Heck, give me the ATS, toss the 3.6L and put in the LS1 V8. This V8 is over 15 years old (debut in C5 Corvette for the '97 model year), and even in stock form will match BMW's N54/N55 offerings, with much lower cost of ownership and a lot more aftermarket support.
Appreciate 0