metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teme View Post
Great. I'm wondering about the following:

1) How far is (approximately in meters or car lengths) the shortest distance setting from the car ahead at for example 50 or 60 kph?

2) Have you used the ACC in bad weather? If so, does it work - in other words, how sensitive is it to snow/sleet/rain etc?

3) How well does it function in heavy traffic in your experience? Any inconsistencies in its operation or panic moments where it doesn't brake when you expect it to?

4) Overall, are you happy with it and in hindsight, would you still opt for it?

Thanks in advance!
1. I rarely use the shortest setting but I would say 2 car lengths maybe. But it is the only setting to use if you want to stop people from changing lanes in front of you! hehe

2. It works great in all weathers, but remember that it disengages as soon as the DSC or DTC is triggered. So in bad weather (snow on the road) it is on/off A LOT. But if it's only raining a lot or so there are no issues.

3. I would almost say the opposite. It is a bit more cautious then I would have been on my own. If someone cuts in infront of you it will brake a bit harder than I would have done. Usually if someone is driving faster than you, it won't do anything but if someone changes lanes and have the same speed as you it brakes to keep the distance. There are a few "bugs" where it doesn't do as you though/want, but overall it works great. And now with the Stop&Go it works even better.

4. I think it is one of my favorite options on the car (together with the HUD). It is relaxing to just set the speed and take a 2h drive (almost) without having to touch the pedals. And at least for us here in Sweden it is way cheaper than it was before. So I think it is a very good option if you drive around a lot (long distances).
Appreciate 0