Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_jaguar View Post
Folks,

I am new to BMW coding (but not to the world of coding/programming in general). I am looking to code a few options on my 2012 F30 328i Sports line with Premium, Tech, Xenon lights with BMW Assist and Advanced Bluetooth, etc.

I would really appreciate your help with a few questions I have:

1] Cable - are the places listed in the OP still the best sources for buying the cable?
2] Software - I use a Mac, so I am looking for a place where I can download the software and the relevant data files.

Couple of things that I am hoping to code eventually: get ipod out using the USB cable, video in motion, possibly enabling BMW live (do I need the BMW Convenience plan to enable Live?)

Thanks in advance
Pre-made cable are available from April1. See http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2967 or you can make your own with a J1962M cable (try Amazon). The cable connects via Ethernet, not USB.

Software is PC only, so you will need to run it under Parallels or something similar. Checkout the more technical bimmerpost coding forums for details and pitfalls.

I don't think you'll get iPod out without the cradle and I think enabling BMW live will disable BMW Assist. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.

At least DVD in motion is easy to do!
Appreciate 0