View Single Post
      10-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #26
NosceTeIpsum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
i'm going to echo others by saying there are just far more of them for all the reasons mentioned... look at any BMW dealer's new car inventory and compare how many of each model they have in stock. probably gonna be a lot more new ones as well as used around.

in comparing the f30 to previous BMWs: i had an e90 335i with dinan stage 2 and switched to the f30 328i. the F30 is far nicer and feels a lot more up-to-date, especially on the interior; the exterior has really grown on me and I am definitely a fan.. some of the MSports and modified cars look awesome inside/out.

that being said, i don't feel like the 328i is as sporty as it could be, granted my wife didn't want a sport line so i guess that's my fault for not talking her into it. i have an e46 m3 i use as a track car and we were considering combining cars so i could use the car on the track as well as a DD.. i just can't see using the 328i on the track at all... the e90 335i would've been passable (it did have sport pkg) although not ideal.

my biggest complaint on the f30 is the steering feel... too rubbery and light but some people may like this for commuting, but still offers a nice ride and punchy (good adj for the turbo 4) drivetrain. honestly i love the 8 speed transmission. very smooth, fast, and efficient.

that's all i've got for now.
Thank you for the input, yes it all makes sense. I agree with you the interior is amazing and up to date, the transmission is awesome as well. I was realizing tonight that eco and sport have a similar heavier feel to it, less "assisted" to save power?

Before buying this car i was looking at a 2011 335 MSport Manual 29k miles (no cold weather no heated seats) the only reason I didn't buy it, and that my wife does not drive manual.
Appreciate 0