01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #156
baba louey
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 6sp ZCP Mel red coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
Does any of you that cannot think of anything other then negative thinking realize how much human effort is required to ...

a) develop robots to carryout those tasks?
b) set up the timing to on the assembly line?
c) complete a fine car like the BMW using this technology?

It all leads back to the brilliant thinking of one man Henry Ford ... just think about it.

Yes some other cars are mainly hand build ... then they are 3 to 4 times the price of a BMW!

This thread reminds me of the saying .... There are leaders and there are followers ... naturally always more followers

The OP ///M Power-Belgium in this case being the negative leader with his line of thinking attracts his share of followers.

Unless you been in one of those factories and seen this in action you cannot appreciate the advancements the human race has made over the past 50 years.

Let us not kid ourselves if it was not for this advanced technology you and I would still be relying on our bicycle for we could not afford a car like the M3 unless it was handed down to you.

The Chinese have a saying "May you live in interesting times" we are living in interesting times. If you are in your 20's or 30's you will even be witness to more technological advancement then I have seen in the past 50 years ... you may even be paid to stay home and do nothing.
For some reason I couldn't see the end of your quote until I replied to it. Odd. The last part of your phrase is interesting. I think Greece (and other countries) tried that and it didn't work.

As for the automation, it is amazing that's for sure but BMW still have a lot of work to do on their sprayers. Many years ago as a teenager, I've put better paint jobs on my cars in my parents garage than what is on my M3 today.
Appreciate 0