View Single Post
      03-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #32
F-Dirty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzy530 View Post
So im on the NJ turnpike Sunday afternoon and here comes behind me in the rear view mirror---FAST!!! One alpine White M3!!
SO, of course I get an idea, lets see what the F30 can do?! I slam 'er into sport and sport ( you know what i mean) and as hes just pulling ahead of me about a car length, I slam the gas pedal to the floor. Nice open road, no traffic, just him and i for about a mile ahead. Basically, he couldnt pull away from me. We were neck to neck the entire time up to about 135 MPH. (then there was traffic, coming up fast) I tore away from him through traffic and slammed it again, where at this point he couldt catch me anymore. I gotta say that exhaust sounds phenomenal, whatever he had on it. (when i was behind him, and smelled all his exhaust, fuel burning in the tail pipe)
My take ont this, Im very surprised he could NOT pull away from me on acceleration from say 80-130ish MPH. I dont know if he has his foot the floor like I did, but Kudos to the F30 for at least "keeping up" with the M3..
BTW, im completely Stock, for now
0-60 you can hang with an E9X M3. After that it's over M3 pulls away easily. Our cars take 12+ seconds to reach 100mph from a stop, E9X M3 takes 9 seconds. Top end power is much greater in the M3... Even a tuned 335 is no match for an M3 in a highway race so long as the M3 driver knows how to drive.
Appreciate 1