United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
for your elbow/arm pain...

is it just along the inside(pinky side) of your forearm? does the tingling/numbness get worse with any specific activity? If you turn or have your head in a certain position does it increase/change the numbness in your arm? also, is the tingling just from the elbow down or up higher as well, along the bice/tricep as well.

A quick way to check, bend your elbow and hold it there for a about 20-30 seconds or just to when the tingling in your forearm and hand symptoms change/increase...if it does, straighten/extend your arm and if it goes away/decreases it's most likely cubital tunnel syndrome: basically your ulnar nerve is being impinged along the inside/medial/pinky side of your elbow. Usually happens with sleeping in a flexed elbow position, increased activity with a long period of elbow flexion, prolonged pressure on the nerve such as resting it on a table at work/school or armrest like in a chair or car.
The numbness is strongest in my pinky and ring finger. Though this morning it was bad enough that I could feel it a bit in my thumb. The numbness is mainly from my elbow to my fingers, not really above it. Moving my head has no effect on it. Though if I bend my elbow all the way tightly I get a shooting pain down into my hand. Once I let it back out it subsides, but the numbness is still there.

I'm an accountant, so most of my day is spent sitting at a desk with my elbows rested either on the desk or a chair, so that makes sense about the pressure. But I've been doing this for over a year now, so for it to come out of knowhere like this now (especially when I'm working normal hours and not a few months ago when I was working 70+ a week) seems odd. I don't think it's sleep related since I sleep on my right side.

I appreciate the advice though, I'll try to keep weight off it and see if that improves it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fercho View Post
I got the same feelings as you, but i had it on my left foot, I started to feel a pinching on my lower back, and the next day a tingling/numbness in the outside of my pinky finger and after a couple of days in my foot, it is the worst feeling it the world, it took me about 8 months to recover, and sometimes I can not feel my pinky finger. the doctor said that it was a pinched nerve, and he gave me 2 shots a day for one week and I got better, but he told me that if it happen again I will need surgery.
Good to know that a non-surgical remedy is available. Depending on what it may be I consider surgery a last resort.