03-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #14
reedo302
Estorilblau Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan Estoril 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon @ eas View Post
Just to let you guys know, the ones on ebay are not exact replicas of the OEM M-Performance spoiler. They are smaller, and dont extend out as far. The replicas also have a slight sag in the center of the spoiler that you can see when driving behind the car. I have inspected both in person before coming to this conclusion. In the end, I am very happy that I bought the OEM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios335i View Post
Me too. I've been through it before with replicas. Won't do it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg71 View Post
I agree. Had the replica on my car before the OEM one came out. As mentioned by others, it's not an exact copy. Now that I've seen the OEM one, I prefer its design a lot more. Also found the paint finish on the replica was a little wavy.
Ditto to all. I have bought replica stuff in the past, and the paint quality has always been pretty iffy with flaws like waviness and warping. I'm a perfectionist with paint. Also, with eBay stuff, I've never been impressed. If you get replica stuff from decent companies, you may get some decent stuff. With replica stuff off eBay, it's mostly Pacific rim cheap junk.
Besides, as pointed out, the money being spent on the new car justifies spending some money on quality mods. If it was 6 years from now and you bought a used F30 for $15k, it'd be a different story. However, F30s are still new and they're not cheap. Not pointing any fingers here by any means, but I spend most of my day behind the wheel of a car and it never fails to amaze me how people can make nice cars look cheap so easily. I've seen a lot of cheap replica stuff on BMWs make turn them into rice rockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
That's interesting - of all the pics I've seen so far, I feel like the spoilers are a little too big for my taste and stick out too far.

I'll probably hold off for a while on a spoiler.
BMW M Performance components look good, but BMW does make them with a purpose besides looks. I have a problem buying a spoiler that is "hardly there", because at that point it's not really a spoiler-it's a lip. I consider there to be a difference between lips, spoilers and wings, which goes in order of protrusion/size. Lips tend to be a bit more cosmetic with less functionality. Spoilers are more functional by increasing downforce. Personally, I consider it pointless to get any boot lid accessory or modification that is not functional.
Just my $0.02. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Always go with BMW OEM parts...
This. You'll never be disappointed.
Appreciate 0