10-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #32
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 335i M Sport AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0Chill 335i View Post
Hmmmmm... Technology. The idrive system and other goodies are leaps and bounds ahead of where my 07 e92 was. I also love the way this car is effortlessly fast. Put your foot down in Sport or Sport+ mode and the car is just a rocket. An incredibly smooth, silent, powerful rocket! This car also has comfort access and an alarm system that my e92 did not have. Once I get rid of these red seats I think I may give the overall look of this car the 1 up as well. Lastly, I'd say the different driving modes and the 8ZF transmission.

What I miss about my e92 was the feel, that car drove like it was on rails. Even before I put the coilovers on it. This F30 has major body roll and some serious understeer to boot. Once I throw on some coilovers and add in some negative camber I'm hoping it will be closer to what my e92 felt like. Another major gripe for me is the steering feel. This electronic steering is going to take a lot to get used to. It's a constant battle between wanting a weighted steering feel and trying to drive efficiently. I could have both in my e92 as the steering was ALWAYS heavy and the throttle input was extremely linear. I always could control how much I put into it at all times and the power was ALWAYS there. With the F30 I'm constantly shifting from Comfort to Sport/Sport+. This car seriously needs an INDIVIDUAL mode where I can set all of the parts where I want them. I have began driving in Sport mode only while using the manual shifting option but the throttle response is too jumpy. I think I will get it down with practice though. Comfort mode will be for cruising only.

Stock for stock I honestly cant tell you which one I prefer more. But it's also not a fair comparison as I don't remember my e92 in stock form. It was heavily modded for the last 3 years of the 4 years I owned it. I'll be able to give a better answer once I put coils, wheels and an exhaust on this car. As it stands right now, I miss my e92... but I see the potential in this F30 for sure.
Edited

BMW 07 Pre LCI 335i e92 SOLD
Appreciate 0