View Single Post
      02-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
stom_m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sequoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
I really liked the RS-3 on my Evo. Great grip, sturdy wear characteristics, and no chunking like I experienced with the Z1 Star Spec. I think it is an excellent choice, especially for the cost.

As for brakes whether or not you make changes all depends on your current driving level. If you are an advanced or instructor level student, then track pads and Castrol SR-F fluid make sense. If you are beginner to intermediate you should be ok on stock pads. Just lengthen your braking zones a bit to keep them cooler. Remember that at HPDE events, there is no prize money so that 1/10th second per lap you gain from late braking is not really worth it in the end.

Squire is the right way to go, and your setup sounds perfect. Enjoy!
Thanks for the input.

Also, Tire Rack is pretty amazing. Ordered wheels yesterday at 10:30am. They were at my door at 10am this morning. Crazy service. I haven't had a chance to try them on the car but it should be a conservative fit. The tires are square. Probably about the squarest tires I've seen. The width seems pretty true. Possibly a litte wider. Also, the diameter seems to be larger than the 25.4" quoted or at least putting them next to my stock tires. Could be that there's no weight on them.

Now I just have to wait for the little adapter puck I ordered for jacking the car up. Amazing that a small little puck takes longer to get to me then 170lbs worth of tires.

Appreciate 0