View Single Post
      01-31-2018, 09:50 AM   #25
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryo91 View Post
Super informative, thank you for the information.
I don't have DHP, so if I were to end up doing springs I'd feel comfortable with dinan's 10mm lowering springs and bump stops.
Then if I notice my shocks getting bad I'll upgrade the shocks to something else (after researching).
How does that sound for a plan? It makes sense to me, but I rather have your opinion.
And yeah I totally agree with your last sentence. Most of the time it's better to bite the bullet and spend the cash to get something than jump around.
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...prings&page=28

i suggest reading through this and forum search dinan springs.

i think dinan lowers more than 10mm. i've read 5/8" front, 3/4" rear, 3/4" front & rear, 20mm. in the pics i've seen it appears to be 20mm and apparently some have had problems with reverse rake.

during a lowering spring install the front requires a spring compressor and is a big part of the labor cost. since everything is apart during installation, changing the struts/shocks at the same time makes sense to me. also, every time you change suspension components requires an alignment, keep this in mind because it will add up when you keep re-doing stuff.

since everything is apart, at minimum, replace the stock struts/shocks with bilstein b6/b8 or koni orange/yellow, you'll have to research this as well i've seen varying reviews, too bouncy, reverse rake, etc. this is the problem with mix/match.

my opinion is go straight to the bilstein b14 pss. it costs just a little more than springs+aftermarket struts. since it's just height adjustable, installation cost should basically be the same as installing just springs.

i prefer no guessing...install once, align once, refill wallet, move on to next project. but it's not my wallet so you do what you gotta do.
Appreciate 0