04-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #17
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSecaBlue View Post
Yeah, I was out there last year and they were talking about the work they had planned. Since Canadian Tire got involved with the place I've heard they are going to fix it up. I know they have done some resurfacing already. My buddy takes his bike there on a regular basis and has been bugging me to do the same so I was going to do that this year. Shannonville is too short for cars, I don't mind it on the bike if they have the long track open. I was thinking I might take the car and the bike up to Calabogie near Ottawa, but I will have to get some proper rims/tires for the track if I do that (for the car). Prob some TE37s as they stand up well under track abuse.

Any other track suggestions?
I have heard about a track day that happens a couple times a year at Centralia airport northwest of London - but I have no idea how to find out when it happens. I have watched some youtube vids and it appears to be a good track, one really long straightaway and some good turns, all in all a pretty long track.

I really want to go and will if I can find out when.

I've been to Grand Bend raceway a couple times, it's pretty cheap. Not very long but you can get up to around 190 on the back straight, probably 200 if you're actually good at track driving. I'll probably do that a couple times this year. It's convenient for me as I can pop up there on a weeknight and get a bunch of laps in for like 50 bucks.

If there were 10-20 guys on the forum willing to take a day off work I would consider renting out a track somewhere. Cayuga and Grand Bend in particular are pretty cheap on weekdays.
Appreciate 0