jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD4Life View Post
I completely agree with on the shame part. I get the feeling that most BMW drivers today are looking for luxury appliances rather than the ultimate driving machine. Die hard bimmer fans are an extinct species...
It used to be that you added the Sport Package and you got the Ultimate Driving Machine. Now you have to know to get Sport/MSport and then add DHP (Mainly for VSS) and the Sport Auto (if not manual) to get to what truly has the characteristics expected in a sport sedan.

Really I only fault them for doing a terrible job of explaining both DHP and Sport Auto on the website. If you didn't do a lot of research on forums such as this or have a very knowledgeable CA (which is super hard to find, I always know more than the CA) then you could end up not getting what you expect out of your $50k+ sport sedan.

IMO if you pick Sport or M Sport those two options should be included, at the very least VSS & the Sport Program for the Transmission. Make the paddles and adaptive suspension the options even.

Ah well, that's just if I ran the company
I totally agree. I bet most CAs don't even really think about discussing sport auto with their clients off the streets.
Appreciate 0