BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
I got mine on order with the remote and a challenge HFC down pipe...

With the exhaust flap closed, would this still be too loud? And why do u need the resonators?
I put resonators on because it was extremely loud.

How could I describe how loud it is?
My girlfriend complains every time she gets in the car about how loud it is.
Driving down a normal street, I hear it triggers car alarms to arm and beep.
Cold Start in the morning in a underground parking garage sounds crazy loud.
I had a police officer give me the stink eye once. He had someone else pulled over on the other side of the street. When I went off the line, I didn't see him and punched it. He turned his neck 180 degrees to watch me drive away.

Even though I put resonators on, it still is loud, but it really helped on the drone. That was the other annoying thing, was drone in the low RPMS when you were going 25-30 MPH was extreme in the cabin. Resonators helped out eliminate some of that as well.

You got the remote control, so you should be able to control how loud it is. I do not have the remote, hence I have the same sound all the time.

The only thing I noticed though, was after adding the resonators, it seemed a little slower. Not much but a little bit I could feel.

Only thing I miss with the resonators on, is going under tunnels when the resonators were off. Not joking, it was so much fun to floor it through tunnels, it was WAYYYY loud and almost deafening.

Still is loud through tunnels, just not as intense as without the resonators

Hope this helps!

Haha, that explain quite a bit. I finally got the package. Will install it in about a weeks time.

Can u upload some videos if u don't mind?