09-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #33
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by undermine View Post
Just thought I would quote your text, for the many people reading and researching how to retrofit Adaptive Xenon for you E90 or just Xenon with a shutter lens I have the answers you are looking for, I have in the recent weeks completed my upgrade from Halogen to Adaptive Xenon.

If you have sourced all your parts, congratulations you have some work ahead of you, after completing this project I have to say it was fun making it work and sitting in the drives seat knowing that for about 1K, bidding for what I need online, and even the dealer helping me out because they couldn't believe one of their customers is trying to do this them self, armed with the power of Google it was hard to accomplish.

Anyways, I have left over parts for sale stuff to get you started.

FRM3 LED basis, I have yet to confirm if I can make the shutter work with out having to tap wires, like some others have, I actually want to keep this and see if I can help people out. I went and bought a Max Brose FRM3 HW Ver 12.

The above listed FRM3 supports (LED), Xenon, and I have not confirmed addaptive or shutter. It is for sale and I will most likely use it to test unless it is sold, make an offer.

I have a pair of Adaptive Xenon (Left and Right) Head Lamps, prior cracks on tabs, repaired, no leaks, lens have some scratches, you can totally buff them out as I have, I own 2 sets and still have my original Halogen lights also for sale, make an offer.

As for the electronics, sorry but I don't have them however, I do have the information.

Ignitor, attached to blub, plug and play.

Ballast, plug and play.

LED Blinker, plug and play.

SMC (required for controlling adaptive and or automatic leveling) Some interesting info, I bought one new online and one used, not a problem coding my vin to the used one.

Again I practically got my whole setup for less than 1k and my time which I took to get it done right.

One last thing, the Conversion Harness, if you're like me and you can do anything you want to do or worth doing you can make this harness and save yourself dealer cost, or, I can give back to the community by doing some slave labor and making you this conversion harness, you can source all your parts on ETK.cc, and price check on BMWPartsupply.com which is what I did, I bought all my pins for it to be plug and play, there is some moving around of pins, before you start installing anything set it up to test, gather your parts and pull your wire first.

My back seat doesn't go down, you need to remove it to get the rear level sensor installed, there is a front one and rear one. Old E46 Level sensors work, but I bought new ones because I wanted new on my E90, I will upgrade my entire car at some point as in 5 series, I need more room.

Feel free to PM me or reply here, I will help with what I can.
Awesome dude! Now can you write up a DIY instructions for people who take similar route with pics etc?

Or I can work with you and get mine replaced and do the write-up as well. I am from North jersey.
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 0