View Single Post
      12-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #44
bentobox
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-sport w/ track pkg

Hello,
Newbie here. First time BMW owner. The car is awesome and I plan to keep this car for a long time.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a used 2016 340i. Flew in to Arizona and drove it back home to California. On the way home, the a/c stopped working; I can hear the fans spinning but there's no air flow out of the vents. The next day, the a/c came back.

I did some searching here and found that a faulty evaporator sensor could cause the coils to freeze up and a/c to malfunction. Or low coolant in the smaller reservoir can cause the a/c to malfunction.

So, I checked the coolant reservoirs and found the small reservoir is low on coolant. Also, the coolant in the small reservoir is a brownish/yellow color but the coolant in the larger reservoir is dark green.

I've decided to flush out the coolants. Does anyone have a DIY on how to do this? Coolant capacities? I've done coolant flushes on other cars but I've never flushed an air-to-water intercooler before. Any tips or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0