View Single Post
      01-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #7
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrosh1223 View Post
Hello everyone! My names Jon and I had a couple of questions regarding my 2015 Black Sapphire Metallic 435i. I leased the car a couple of months ago and have began to notice some 'imperfections'. I've heard a few different responses some of them ranging from "leave it alone its a leased car" to "fix it and get your car detailed. Most of what I noticed look like clear coat scratches. I have also heard that getting a Black Sapphire Metallic car buffed will just cause more swirls and ruin the paint. None of the scratches I have are deep and most of them are so difficult to see that you need a flashlight to really see them but they annoy the crap out of me. Attached will be some images of the scratches under a lot of light (Garage light and a flashlight) Any opinions or recommendations?
Ahhh yes, the BSM paint. Had it for three years in my previous lease. Same exact issues. The black paint accentuates the swirl marks more than other paints. You can fix it as others have pointed out, however, I decided not to do it and returned my car at end of lease as is. No issues whatsoever with fees or wear tear costs. Didn't pay a penny. I babied my cars previously. However, became more flexible and accepting regarding the car's regular wear. those swirl marks are regular results on this black paint from washing your car. They aren't real scratches. Nor are they at all deep. It does bother me, however, the BSM looks so beautiful from few feet away that I decided not to bother with correcting the swirl marks. unless im really cm away from the paint, I cant it them. Good luck dude.
Appreciate 0