07-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #12
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbs View Post
I honestly cannot remember the last time I drove with shoes on.

Just a habit at this point. I feel much more connected to the vehicle when I'm.

You probably drive Automatic? The clutch feel is 10x nicer when you have a direct. It basically becomes an extension of your left foot, without any rubbery-shoe blocking the way.

I wear all sorts of shoes, depending on the day, weekend, etc.. Dress shoes at work, birkenstocks to the beach etc., sneakers to hikes/working out no matter what shoe/car it is I take my shoes off after sitting in the driver's seat.

There must be other shoeless drivers out there!
I've never owned an automatic in my life, always MTs, but never barefoot. I most often wear Puma "driving" shoes which have a thin and flexible sole, so they feel more connected than most shoes. (side note: I wear Puma driving shoes because I like how they look and feel, not because I am pretending to be a race car driver, haha)

Cool, so you remove your shoes no matter what kind of shoes? I've never met anyone who does that every time no matter what kind of shoe they are wearing. I've driven barefoot once or twice when I needed to move the car out of the garage and didn't put on shoes, but never any real distance, I will give it a try!

Currently wearing these as I type:

Last edited by AWF30MSPORT; 07-20-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0