View Single Post
      03-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #10
ardyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 320xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by simongym View Post
You certainly can do that through a CA (client advisor); however, not all models have that same extensive list of options. The 320i in particular has far less options and choices available, in fact it probably has the fewest options of any model. My understanding is that with the 320i, BMW tried to offer a sort of enthusiasts choice model that stuck to the basics of driving dynamics over luxury (http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=kafka). Hence things like the sport package, as opposed to other new models with Sport Line, which is very cheap and even includes the M-Sport steering wheel.

My point being, if you're looking to have the most choices available as far as options, colors, packages, lines, etc. then generally speaking your higher series and bigger engine versions are going to provide that, with some exceptions.
Thanks, the question was definitely for filing away for my next one. And not only am I new to BMWs, but I'm new to buying cars from a dealer...I managed to go 3 decades (okay 1.5 fairly!) without purchasing a car from a dealership. The 320 was an entry point (and I think it's a great one), but I fully intend to step up on the next one (knock on wood). And for that, I'd like to be prepared!

And back on topic, those 4 series gran coupes are nice looking cars and after looking at the pricing, I kind of wish my old car would've held out an extra year
Appreciate 0