View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #34
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Point taken, I missed that he wanted a sedan only. You may laugh at the following options that came off the top of my head, but these cars, especially the Hyundai are pretty nice cars if you can get over the brand making them. I'm sure if you looked you could find something from Ford and Chevy in a sedan that would be competitive also.

Hyundai Genesis - mid 30's for 333hp and mid 40's for 429hp. They seem to come with most of the electronic fun standard.

Kia Optima - under 30k, but probably more comparable to the 328 than 335 from a hp perspective.

I chose the 335i because I happen to like the luxury part, but dont sleep on the 'lesser' brands. They're pretty good bang for your buck if you're looking for performance.
neither of those cars drive remotely like a BMW.

a bmw with no options other than a sport suspension still drives "like a BMW".

i know people buy a BMW for different reasons and having 500 tech gadgets is one. once upon a time most peoples primary reason was it was a RWD and very balanced car, that drove nothing like a hyundai or kia. perhaps that time has passed.

I bought an F30 with nothing but m-sport and PDC. the base 2013s have plenty of features that even base they are fairly luxurious (the seats feel great, the base stereo is probably better than the premium on most normal cars, the BT / usb base integration works great, the idrive is great etc).

And it drives fantastically. a kia optima, is a nose heavy FWD car, and a hyundai genesis even r-spec is nothing like a BMW driving wise. hell 90% of the reason i got a BMW was to get that RWD 50/5o weight balanced chassis. theres not quite any other sedan like it. i guess this isn't the main reason for getting a BMW these days.

Last edited by hans007; 12-06-2012 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0