07-15-2018, 03:45 AM   #167
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBk View Post

Thanks, yeah thats the dilemma I've found myself in. Originally I was just looking to replace springs, then it moved up to matched dampers and when comparing costs the B14 Kit wasn't a kick in the arse off and I can select my ride height.

I narrowed it down to the B14's simply because I want improved road handling coupled with a slightly lower stance purely for looks, particularly on the front where the arch gap is too high for my liking. Pin sharp track handling is nothing I'm likely to require for this car to justify the extra cost of having adjustable dampers. From what I've managed to find the B14's are set slightly softer than the B16's on their softest setting, which for my daily sounds ideal. But without being able to try its hard to tell as everyone's opinion on suspension comfort vary's massively.

Would you say the B16's set at 1 improve handling at all or at that setting are you just getting cosmetic improvements?
I've no experience of the ride stiffness of the B14 kit, but I'd say that "being softer than the softest B16 setting" doesn't make sense. That would be very very soft, and not what reviews suggest. If anything I'd say it would be set more to position mid position on the B16 scale.

The beauty of B16 is it allows you to go even softer if you want. Let's say for a second that B14 was the same as B16 on damping level 5. For everyday driving I have my B16 on setting 3. Setting 5 is a little 'edgier' than perhaps I'd like it. Don't get me wrong, 5 is perfectly manageable, but it is good to have the choice.
Appreciate 0