11-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #173
Mkswoosh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi tanzanite blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney921 View Post
Non-adaptive coilovers will require an EDC delete module to avoid error codes in the ECU. KW makes one that's supposedly reliable. You'll lose your adaptive suspension, of course.

KW makes an adaptive coilover option, but it costs something like $3000. Bilstein has advertised one too, but we've been waiting for it to be released to the market for over a year now. There's no firm date on when Bilstein's adaptive coilovers will come out.

Most people will recommend that you skip lowering spring/shocks and go straight to coilovers. You'll likely appreciate the ability to adjust the ride height and added shock adjustability too. Another thing to keep in mind is springs will sometimes settle unevenly; if that happens with lowering springs then you either have to live with it or start over and try another brand. Coilovers are infinitely adjustable for a level ride height, so they're one and done. They can also be serviced later on by the manufacturer if/when they wear out.
I appreciate the thorough response! So Blistein and KW are the most recognized coils for the f30s. I will check them out.

I do understand the PROs of having coils but just couldn't justify the price especially for the ones that are adaptive. Only reason i was steering towards just springs and sways. was so i could have extra money for the moment and get new tires/wheel combo.

Do you know if dealerships are more uptight when servicing under warranty on a car that has upgraded suspension?
Appreciate 0