04-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #76
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconti View Post
I definitely hope xDrive is an *option* rather than the standard, though. It would be a shame if BMW forced xDrive on everyone as they did with the E61.. speaking of which, I guess I can just pick up a cheap E61 535xiT/6 (if I can find one) if BMW disappoints on the transmission/xDrive fronts with the F31.
Eh, right there with you. I'd prefer a smaller car (which is why the Golf R is actually my first choice right now) but the E61 is huge and heavy. My previous car was an M Coupe, and my wife's 1er feels big to me, so the F31 would be a major change for me, and I'm just not convinced it's the right thing for me regardless of motor. Like you, I'd prefer an oil burner, but suspect that we won't get that choice in the US.

I ride a bike to work and don't really need a "daily driver" either, but when it rains, etc, it would be nice to have something in the garage. It is amazing how few wagons are available, and when you factor in small, sporty and all three pedals, your choices are even slimmer.
Appreciate 0