View Single Post
      10-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #96
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Mako Where does this Africa statement keep coming from? any US bound 335 is made in Germany, Munich to be percise. other parts of the world, yes it might be made in South Africa.

The majority of 335i's are being made in South Africa these days. In other forums there are discussions about being assigned SA allocation numbers and walking away for months to get one from Germany instead.

and the 328i being faster? not sure what world you are living in, but your "luxury line" 328i is not faster than any 335i, straight line or on a track.

I've never been on a track. In a straight line, I top out at 85 MPH in a 65 zone. But on local streets, where I do 90% of my driving, when next to a 335i at a traffic light, it goes green, WHOOOOSH, my 328i beats the spit out of the 335i every time. Numbers support this. Plenty of reviews out there confirming this isn't some mirage.

the 328 i4 is a GREAT engine, offers great performance and fuel economy, I am not knocking it at all, and the 335i is only a few grand more. I believe its a choice of economy versus a little extra power. And yes you can tell the difference. I test drove both engines and could feel the difference, especially when going 20-30 and hitting the gas hard.

That's your imagination. Perhaps you didn't hit the Sport button on the 328i.

Ask anyone who doesn't own a BMW what they think when they see a BMW without the numbers on the back and 90% of them will say the same thing "its someone trying to hide that they don't have a more expensive BMW". I guess in the original post I should have stated it wasn't just an engine thing, but a lot of people perceive it as someone wanting others to think they have a 5 series for instance when its a 3 series especially with how big the 3 series is now,

I don't live in a world where people de-badge so I can't comment on it.

and as others have stated, who cares, do what you want, aren't these threads for entertainment purposes, I think the fact that there are 5 pages of responses in a very short time proves they are

Exactly. And pointing out South African performance cars to South African performance car owners is pretty damned entertaining.

BJ
Appreciate 0