pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
Firstly the 328i is special here, there is no question about that, the reviewers say this and the public votes with their dollars en masse. The A4 sells less units than the Infiniti G37 and the reviewers rank it above the A4 too. The C class comes second to the 3er every year. So right there BMW has the better offering.

My other point is there are two sets of people, those who know stuff and those who don't. Those who don't will see an S 4 and just thinks its an A4. Those who do know will never confuse S4 for an M3 competitor, I would be ashamed to say this in public.

Maybe I left another set of people those who think they know but actually don't, maybe this is where the strategy works.

This brings the S4 where it belongs, with the 335i where reviewers on one hand say its better but the money still votes for the 335i. I think BMW would rather have the money.
Agreed BMW does have higher sales, what Im saying is Audi is on the rise in the US and globally.

Agreed the 328i is currently better than its competitors, what Im saying is I wouldnt call it "special". Look at how close the Cadilliac compared to it and wait tilll the new Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes and Audi models come out. The gap is narrowing.

Agreed the S4 is not an M3 competitor, what Im saying is that it is considered more "special" than a 335i by most non-enthusiast consumers because of Audi's strategy, even if the actual performance numbers are pretty equal.
I dunno. I wouldnt want bmw to NOT bring the m3 to the states, rename the 335i to m335i or m35i or whatever you want to call it , then make you finally think its "special" only because there is no m3 available. Most of the ppl with s4 dont even know there is an rs4. Hardcore audi guys look for a used rs4. But i wish the m135i was here. Did i totally throw my comment out the window by wanting an m135i? Lol.
Appreciate 0