Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDrPorkChop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Well I have just popped into my local dealership and had a nose round a v90 r design for the first time.
For those thinking of taking the plunge on a deal without seeing one, like me, thoughts are..

It is big but the sloping rear hides the bulk well.
Glad I didn't order it in black.
Fake exhaust surrounds are HUGE and while looking good you can see the real pipe when Standing back, probably less noticeable on the move.
Inside is a very nice place to be! Coming from a 2016 3 series it is a big step up in quality and you sit low like in the 3er. The materials are so much nicer and seats fantastic. Yes it's a newer model and a class above but still.
Standard 18s do not look as bad as I thought they would and are passable in the arches.*
I don't understand if your job is sales why you would ignore potential customers. I pulled up in my wifes skoda fabia while a sales guy saw and he really couldnt have cared less when I walked in. I wonder if I had done the same in my top of the range 3 series if the response would have been different....

All in all I am really looking forward to getting the v90 now, it will be a big step down in performance but a big step up in cabin and toys.

I did look at the polestar kit and laughed out loud. 835 quid for 5bhp and 15 odd ft lb torque!*
I fancy the XC40 and had the same response when I went to our local dealer. Was having a good look around the demo outside and sat inside it (As it was unlocked) Two sales people clocked us and didn't even bother to see to us.

That's where BMW are good, our local dealer is brilliant which makes me think twice about moving brands.
glad it wasn't just me, and I did rock up in the 340, makes no difference. The service seems to be universally terrible. the xc40 looks like I very nice car indeed and I can see one on the drive in a year or 2.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0