svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
So you leave the iPod in the car all the time, hooked up via a USB cable? I presume it's always on when you park the car at night?

Also why do you have the contacts on the iPod as opposed to your phone? Does this interfere with phone contacts?
Yep, it just stays on as far as I noticed so far (don't have this setup so long but for now this is the case). I just leave it in, nobody sees it and nobody knows it is there. I also did this with the old iPod classic (that my wife gets now lol).

As for the contacts, well, I know it's a bit double but the office part of the car shows that it can hold contacts but there were no names. Only the telephone part of the car showed my contacts. By doing it this way, I actually have my contacts also under the office part.. plus side of doing this is that you get to see much more information for your contacts.. if you have their addresses listed, for example (I tend to keep my contacts as complete as possible, so most have an address listed), then you can simply select their address and use it as destination in the nav. From what I've seen so far, it did not interfere with the phone contacts

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0