View Single Post
      06-14-2018, 04:47 AM   #11
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangaturbo View Post
the kit they provide on ECS/FCP already comes with the right amount of ATF for you so i think i could skip this step. but thanks for the tip!
It has more than the amount necessary. However, not all of the ATF will come out on a drain in fill... hence IraHayes 's post below about a specific procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraHayes View Post
ZF has a very specific procedure for performing service on this transmission. I recently contacted them and they emailed me a PDF outlining exactly how to perform the procedure. If you want, PM me your email and I will send you a copy.

It’s also generally advised after you perform the procedure, to drain and fill again after a couple hundred miles, as a lot of the old fluid will have remained in the TC. This way you can ensure that most of the old fluid is gone from the system.
It's a dilution problem. You'll probably never get all of it out. In fact, you would be lucky to get 60% of the original fluid out on each drain and fill. I would just decrease the intervals of each ATF drain and fill instead of doing another one a couple hundred miles after the previous. Perhaps every 40-50k.
Appreciate 0