View Single Post
      08-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #32
martinf79
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhk View Post
Here is a quote I found from Tirerack upon searching the web. Hope this can help.

"Section Width

...The width of a tire mounted on a narrow rim would be "narrower" than if the same tire was mounted on a wide rim. NOTE: because the overall diameter of a steel belted radial is determined by the steel belts, there is little, if any, change to the overall diameter of the tire due to differences in rim width.

The industry rule of thumb is that for every 1/2" change in rim width, the tire's section width will correspondingly change by approximately 2/10"..."

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=200
This may be true ... but depedning on the offset, there could be little to no change to overall extension to fender?

Regardless... looks like (based on Phantom's setup), that a 255 stock tire w/ 9.5" w/ +38ET fits very nicely. I think that's ultimately what we're all trying to determine here.

Net-Net = F30 drivers can use 9.5" wide rims w/ a +38 Offset with ample fender space leftover. Are we all in agreement on this at this point??? (because I've run the diagnostic assessment + seen real life pictures, so unless someone can come up w/ some other compelling reason to disagree w/ this ... I'm sold lol)