View Single Post
      12-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #40
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
OK thanks for the education . Seeing as I'm the guy who has owned both cars and tracked both cars fairly extensively (and have quite a bit of seat time at the track in many different cars), I would have no idea how the C63 handles compared to the M3

Many who actually have driven both cars would disagree with you. This isn't to say the M3 isn't still the better track car (it is, IMO) but the difference is marginal at best and on certain tracks, the C63 would be faster. The 2012 C63 coupe laps the Nurburgring faster than the E92 M3 did... it wouldn't do that if it couldn't "turn-in" and was too "nose heavy". You can prefer the M3 (many do and in many ways I do still to this day) but don't let that bias make you close minded or spout off incorrect information. The M3 is still the preferred track car by a small margin, IMO, but the C63 is nowhere close to "gobs" away in performance on the track... it would be a drivers race. On the street, the M3 would see nothing but C63 tailpipes. The next M3, I'm hoping, is better again as that will be just about the time for a car change for me

Sorry, OP, we shouldn't be off topic like this as it isn't relevant in this thread!!
I guess we should all drive RS5's since it beat out both. But you win.

Last edited by pkimM3r; 12-11-2012 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0