04-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #18
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppeM3+123d View Post
Hi Roxxor i made several test about door lock:
- 2 friend of mine have bmw f15 and f20 equipped with s302 and i double check that the door lock is not dead
- i made a test on bmw e87 of another friend equipped with s302 and door lock is DIED ( glass down and alarm inserted)

- if the european left drive door locker are the same from e series, why in the f series also in Europe is not working this fantastic feature?

- if you check etk from usa there are no difference between door locker and s302 is not relevant; if you check Europe 8TGA seems to be the antitheft system for door lock, so probably only need vo coding.

What did you think about this?
As I mentioned above, I did not actually replace the door lock modules on mine, so it is not an area I am too familiar with. In my research, it did seem that the E-series were all equipped with the dead-locking system, possibly because there was a factory alarm retrofit option. For whatever reason, on the F-series that did not include the alarm, and apparently on some other models, BMW decided to go with a different lock system.
Appreciate 0