View Single Post
      03-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #177
world_traveler
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i ZSP 6-spd manual

From the brochure that can be downloaded from the BMW site, it looks like I should be able to get an M Sport that's close to what I want: 328i Alpine White, 6 spd manual, black leatherette, wood, sunroof, heated seats and sunroof while, I hope, keeping things in the low 40s. I like the handling balance with the staggered wheels on my present car.

Listening carefully to the Joey Hand video review, the 328i seems to be the better car -- not quite as fast but quicker to turn in and more agile -- he makes two comments in the video to that effect.

The BMW material reads as though the M Sport has suspension that's specific to the package, meaning firmer than the Sport Line, but can anyone confirm?

On the 328i M Sport, can you get HID headlights without paying for a ridiculous and unneeded $3600 luxury package (a prerequisite on the 328i Sport Line)? HIDs are standard issue on a 2013 Mustang V6. BMW's package and pricing policy on the F30 is not user friendly when compared to the E90, where HIDs were a standalone option.

Also, I'd be sorry if the fogs are being removed for the US market M Sport (are they definitely? --the M Sport in the brochure photos show them installed). I find that coupled with the HIDs they add real value in rain and mist.
Appreciate 0