07-29-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 520d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
I would have thought they would let you make spec changes if you only placed the order last week. I added a sunroof and folding mirrors a good two weeks after ordering.

I know adding a sunroof delays delivery, but I wouldn't think adding Xenon's would stretch it out as it's a very popular option. If you're really watching the pennies then Xenons plus headlamp wash (some EU regulation requires Xenons to have washers) can be added for £710 (£495+£215). It's a wee bit cheaper than going for Xenons as part of the visibility package at £925 and that £210 saving pays for a third of your H/K sound system Also while the adaptive lights & high beam assist you get with the visibility package are cool, I wouldn't say they're must haves.

I'm a big fan of Xenons, aside from being great at night, the corona rings just make the car look complete.

Something I wish I'd researched more (apart from the the H/K sound system) is the adaptive suspension. I thought the adaptive suspension was all about better control when you're driving enthusiastically, but seems it's so much more than that. When in Comfort Mode it actually deals with our rubbish UK roads a whole lot better than the standard setup and gives a better ride.
Thank you

Im gonna visit the dealership tomorrow. Will add the xenons for sure. Will see how much damage the few add ons do. Im now thinking of the adaptive suspension as Ive read quite a lot about them too but that maybe outta budget. Are the standard speakers really bad? Maybe will cut costs there and get the speaker system a year later or so. Have stretched my budget to the max already lol
Appreciate 0