08-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #30
adamkb26
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi TTS & 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
That's the key though, isn't it. Now imagine that same S4 you saw. 18" wheels. White. Keep the LED lights, and the leather, and compare it to a simple white 335i Sport (by simple, I mean not the M Sport). Are you really going to tell me the Audi looks better then the BMW? I guess the answer is subjective, but I think most people would agree the BMW looks better. Can you MAKE the Audi look better? Sure. You have to spend more money on the 19" wheels, and the Estoril Blue too. I'd opt for the Alcantara/Leather seats, and yes, the car would definitely look gorgeous. M Sport 335i gorgeous? No, I personally don't think so.

I really think the problem is with the A4/S4. Its a bit outdated. I personally think the new A6, A7, and RS5 are gorgeous. And the R8 goes without saying, its possibly one of the best looking super cars.
I went from a 2007 BMW 335i coupe with 10k in mods to a 2012 S4 and I can tell you that I get the almost the same amount of attention as my Dad does in his 2011 M3 coupe and much more than my 335i did.

Let me say that both cars are awesome, but don't think a "basic" F30 is more attractive to most than a "basic" S4 because that's definitely not the case from my experience, there's no way the F30 M-Sport looks anywhere near as good as the E92 M3. If you look at the B8.5 S4 and the new S6, you'll see they look almost exactly the same excluding the LED light design (pretty close though if you don't opt for full LED S6 headlights). So you can't love the new A6/S6 and not love the new S4 without being biased against the direct competition to your car.

One more time for the record, I love both cars but chose the S4 personally.
Appreciate 0