d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuprat View Post
Thanks all for help.

All working now except the adding shortcut keys to destinations ( home and work). How does this work .... Holding the button so far has done nothing but save the map scale!

I like the nav system but do find it very difficult compared to other cars if I'm honest.
Have you tried this from your address book? or recent destinations? ie save the address in your cars address book, then using the idrive controller highlight the address and press/hold the required shortcut button. Should also work if you find your address in your recent destinations (if you havn't saved the address in idrive for example, but just entered it manually and started to navigate there), same thing, just highlight the address and add to the shortcut button.

Basically the shortcut buttons act as the selector for that menu item, (so instead of having to depress the idrive controller, the shortcut button is doing this).

One other thing, you can add a contact specifically as a Home Address, should be under the address book somewhere, if you do this you can then use voice control and just say "Navigate Home"
Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 0