View Single Post
      09-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
jpoet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Discount Tire offered to give me a "lifetime free replacement" warranty on the tires that came on my car (Goodyear EfficientGrip) for $184. Basically, as long as the tire has legal tread, they will replace the tire if is suffers any damage.

I have the M-Sport, and the $184 is probably a slightly better deal than it should be, because they didn't have the 255/40r18 size in their system, so he just charged me the price for the 225/45r18 on all four wheels.

I went there because 2-3 months out of the year, the temps drop below 40 degrees, here, and so I was looking to put all-season tires on the car for those months. I ended up talking to the assistant manager, and he said if I bought that warranty both on the existing tires, and the A/S tires (whenever I actually buy them), then he will (re)mount and (re)balance either set of tires whenever I want. So, they will swap between my summer and the A/S tires for free.

Their price for the warranty is calculated based on their sale price for the tire. The warranty for the A/S tires I get will be less since I won't be getting run-flats on those tires (Bridgestone RE970AS).

My BMW dealer offered me their 5 year tire/wheel warranty for $799, but I still think this is a better deal for my driving style. My comprehensive insurance policy would cover any damage to the wheels.