View Single Post
      03-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #4
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
To all the enthusiasts that think BMW has lost its way and the ride and steering are not the same as the beloved E90, I get that. There is a lot of truth there. BMW is not the same experience as previous generations. So, by comparison the F30 may be lacking. But to my buddy who comes from another model, the F30 is awesome. So while BMW is losing some enthusiasts to other brands there are guys like my buddy that can't wait to get their hands on one.
Cool story!! glad you had a great trip

but...the cynic in me is thinking this is exactly what BMW had in mind with the softer F30.. to convert Lexus and Acura types.

If you had an E90 M3 I suspect your friend would have been complaining of the harsh ride and hard to turn steering wheel.

An "hardcore enthusiast" honda owner would have an AP1 S2k with a suspension mods worth as much as the car, or an engine swapped civic. Was your friend's TL even a 6MT type S or was it an automatic base TL?

Don't mean, to come off negatively, just truly curious because when some colleagues get into my F80 M3 they are like WTF are these cloth seats and why is the car so bumpy?! So it seems like the sport aspects of BMW that we all love actually are a turn off to some
Appreciate 1