View Single Post
      10-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #20
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearLA View Post
Some of you will hate the thought but i may get a model 3 around the time my 435i lease is up and still considering my options.

My 435 is in amazing condition w/ 14k miles + I've heard people get good deals through dealer resell, so that makes it an attractive option. (My only regret on is that I didn't get the LED headlights when ordered.)

Now the model 3, without even driving it, I am sure it will be more comfy in city streets and fun in its own weird right. It will probably also have immense support from Tesla. I don't think it will technically be as fast or glued to the road but I don't think it will be too much of a dip- plus its a rwd electric car and that sounds very interesting. The looks of it are obviously a major con vs a 4 series inside and out but it's not quite a normal comparison- they each have very different pros.

The 4 is a hot car but it's impractical in some ways in a place like LA, the Tesla 3 is mostly practical but not as attractive and questionable interior controls. If you had to choose logically, would you buy out your own low mile 435 msport or get one of the earlier Model 3s with a tax incentive?

Would also love to hear wildcard ideas too.
I expect the Model 3 to handle better than the F30. Tesla sedans handle very well.
Appreciate 0