03-17-2020, 05:54 PM   #226
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobefair-idontcare View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to share my experiences in following this guide laid out several years ago, just in case anyone with late model F30/32s was still interested in these mods. I have a 2017 340i xdrive for those wondering.

Last fall I decided to pick up Dinan springs/stops and install them when the weather got nice. I told myself if I was changing the springs I’d change the shock mount hats to OEM F80s just in case I decided to do the rest of the M3/4 stiffener mods. Long story short, I went nuts, amassed all the parts this winter (except the carbon strut, it’s mostly cosmetic) and decided to go for it. Less than 1k all said and done.

This week I had the springs installed, F80 shock mounts and undercarriage support brace included. Went home, installed the alloy strut brace and after a little messing around I got it in place, torqued down, and all buttoned up.

Really happy with the results. Haven’t beat on it too hard so I can say for sure if it was worth the time and money, but I had a lot of fun doing it all. I’ll update once I put the car through it’s paces.

Just my .02!
I 100% disagree that CFBR strut is mostly cosmetic.

Anyone doing this, I had titanium washers created to use holding the struts/dampeners in place properly. Decided to go with titanium over Stainless Steel.

Was ridiculous to purchase a pair $500 as price came down sharply with quantity after setup. Also cost me an additional $200 to get a design engineer to make current file that was needed as well.

If anyone wants a pair for $200, hit me up. Otherwise will cost you around $700 to replicate what I did for a pair.
Appreciate 0