12-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterr24 View Post
Is there anything to let us know about hp gains?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhleee View Post
same.
Here is a brief part of the write-up from European Car Magazine detailing the ER intake. This was the 3rd of three mods being installed, BMS Stage 1, ER Downpipe, and ER Intake. Read more here -> http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/e...2012_bmw_328i/ Basically, no real gains, technically -1 HP on dyno and +3tq but these numbers are so close, I would say negligible. Does seem to help smooth the torque curve up top though.

Quote:
Intake

The ER air intake kit was easy to install because BMW made it simple to remove the stock airbox. By undoing one bolt and lifting it off two grommets, Fred was able to fit the intake in 5min.

02 sensor is transferred to ER intake
Once the sensor was transferred to the ER intake, we were ready for our final dyno with all three components. However, we were surprised to see F30’s horsepower numbers drop by 1hp; while the torque climbed 3 lb-ft and peak boost held 21psi between 4000-5500rpm.

After analysis, we decided the minor dip is within the tolerance of the dyno and can’t be felt on the road, whereas the torque gain was noticeable. What’s more, the intake creates smoother acceleration through the power band, enhancing the previous two additions.

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0