View Single Post
      05-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
LAnderson23
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_F30 View Post
No worries landerson! I expected some chiding. Didn't even think to try a cable. The cable is a Belkin black cable I got when I bought their charger. Very nice quality cable. Alas, I will try a white apple one soon.

Meanwhile they still have my car. The service guy didn't even ask any questions about folding mirrors, he just wrote it into the service. Hopefully they will get it done. I got a 335d loaner to drive though. Talk about a powerful motor!!! Unbelievable! And it seems to get 30 mpg with out even trying!

PS. You can not show album art with the y-cable set up. You have to have the enhanced bluetooth with bmw assist package to get the com box that talks to iPods via the USB port only. Didn't know this when I bought the car, just got lucky because I wanted enhanced Bluetooth so my iPhone would be able to stream music wirelessly.

I'll end with a quote... "the party don't start till I walk in!" --Kesha
Ah, that's what I was afraid of. I assumed this was what using the Y-cable gives you, and the 'enahanced' USB gives you that other, 'blue' iPod interface I've seen. What do you actually see if you DON'T have the enhanced USB and are using the Y-cable? Anyone have a photo?
Appreciate 0