View Single Post
      04-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #82
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335 View Post
I have to disagree, I have a Q7 and a A8L in the driveway and both of those cars are WAY better planned as far as the interior is concerned than a BMW. I am sorry but MMI is still way more intuitive than the BMW system and while everyone hates the amount of buttons, they are where you would want them to be.

- Case in point is the volume button... in an audi it is right next to the MMI controls where you would expect it to be, in the Bimmer its completely across the dash and up next the CD changer (which would be ok if all the other buttons for the radio were with the volume button but they are not!)

Like I said, I ordered the 335 so that clearly says a lot... And there are a lot of areas where the audi falls down compared to the Bimmer but the interior ergonomics and layout is not one of them, just the .02 of an audi guy...
I agree, I have a 2012 A6 and my wife has a 2011 328xi, we both prefer the MMI over the I-drive. Both interiors are pretty high quality, but the Audi interior is much brighter and younger looking, where as BMW's interior is more traditional, dark and old fashion.
Appreciate 0