Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2014 F30 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfempty View Post
Car looks awesome, the pics are quite nicely done.

I too, opted for sound and tech stuff as opposed to the $4500 it would have taken for xenons (hate sunroofs, need the headroom) and got the halogens. That said, the way the units are shaped it makes even the halogens look pretty good. In fact, for some reason the f30 xenons look kind of "bug-eyed" when turn off compared to the E90/92 (turned on with the led ae's looks great though) Overall, I think I actually prefer the stylings of the e90s more than my f30. (I've always suffered from some measure of buyers remorse.....)

All aside, the most important thing is the proper gearbox. I had to order this car specifically to get the 6mt. Couldn't find a new car or even a nice cpo with low miles and the manual.

I've driven several different manual trans and this is really my fav (like it more than Audi/vw). With the different modes altering the throttle response, it has taken some getting used to. Mostly now I just leave it in sport. I do still have a little difficulty deciding on downshifted gears and matching the speed. Sometimes third is too boggy, but second requires too much revving. I'm not completely perfect at judging my particual speed when slowing down. Getting used to it though, and frankly the gearbox alone (well, that and blasting the Hk sound) make it all worth while.

I wish you plenty of open road to enjoy
Thank you! I agree with you on the headlights. The E90/92's lights were styled very well for the car. The F30's lights are still great though. Going through with ordering the manual trans. was the best decision I have made. I hadn't driven a manual for a long time, so I basically went through a day or two of re-learning how to drive manual. I got it back pretty quick though and I've been loving it ever since. The first thing I do after turning the car on and ASS off, it to put it into Sport+, I never drive without Sport mode on.

I'm also convinced that I've blown one of my speakers already...It makes a crazy scratching/crackling noise for some songs with certain bass ranges. It comes mostly from the central speaker on top of the dash, behind the screen. I think I might of cranked it up too loud

Last edited by Alexc360; 07-29-2012 at 11:39 PM..
Appreciate 0