01-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #183
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest View Post
As a past owner of E90 and currently drives a E92 I agree that this cheapens the 3 series overall. I was planning to get a 335xi but now I don't want to see someone getting a 320i and pay $20,000 less, knowing that the car will look almost identical. Maybe BMW will sell more cars but this will cheapen the 3. They should do what Audi does and bring a 2 series (as in Audi's A3 sedan). Some might say BMW has the 1 but that's not really a mass market model.

I think I'll jump to a X3 3.5 with M sports package the next time I shop for a new car. At least I'm quite confident that BMW won't put the detuned 2.0 in there.

Lastly, I don't think the 320 bodes well with 328. BMW already forced us to pay more for a 4 cylinder and now this? If I'm looking at a 3 I will lean toward a 320 or 335 since a 320 might be able to get modded and get 328 power.
What a mentality.

Without the 320 you would have seen people driving around in a car for $20k less. You can spend mid 50's to low 60's on a 335.

I just don't get it.

You buy the best car you can, the one that fills your needs.

Why do we care so much about other people and what they are paying or not paying for models similar to ours.

This whole thread really makes the US look/sound ridiculous to all the countries that have had smaller output 3 series for years. We were one of them! We had the 318TI! You could get a 318TI with am M-kit so from the front it looked like an E36 M3!!!!! Yeah, E36 M3 buyers, I bet they stopped buying 'em once the TI came out for $20k less!

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0