01-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #215
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Another member, after you responded, and claims the NBT system allows PDC and the rear cam to be available within 2 seconds. If so, that's great news. Would be great for you to confirm. Here's the test.

1. Leave car overnight (or for hours).
2. In the AM approach car, enter drivers door, immediately start car (do not stop at trunk or anywhere else first).
3. Set tranny to Reverse.
4. How long before the PDC/rear cam is available in iDrive?

Try this test a few times and report back.
I can test again tomorrow, but there was definitely zero lag from shifting into reverse when I tried just a couple of hours ago.

Quote:
CIC can take anywhere from 5-20 seconds.
I seem to remember that from the M3.

Quote:
No, No!! The Conti's are OK. Your fear should have been the Goodyear EfficientGrip. The EfficientGrips have NO right on this class of car but its on the list of possible tires for the F30 18" Sport/M-Sport.
OK, good to know. The Conti's seem fine to me. Although I'm not sure one can make an accurate judgement of good/bad tires on a brand new car unless they can drive back-to-back with a complete different set. I know on the M3's, the Contis were the worst OEM tire, with Michelins the best. Of course those are non-RFT and different sizes so who knows.

Quote:
I got the 19" Pirelli PZero's. So far so good. They ride better than expected. I do love the 19's especially with the dusty brake pads.
I was close to getting the 19s. But I really like the style of 400M. If they made these in 19", it would be perfection!

Quote:
Get yourself Sonax full effect cleaner and Meguiars brake dust repellant. Also, Wheel Wax may not be a bad idea. Trust me, your wheels and their Silver paint will thank you.
I've got a shelf full of goodies that I'll dig into Monday

Quote:
But did Nick make sure the service guys updated your software to current rev?
I had a feeling my car would have the latest, and indeed it does. I matches up with the versions of jdong's post-update:

Tel/Media: 001.022.002

Nav: 112113.2.121, Road Map NORTH AMERICA Next 2013
NBT_C12341I

Quote:
I get ya. Might as well advertise that you're trying to be environmentally friendly. At least until those LiOn batteries need to go to a landfill.
Maybe I won't get so many of the sneers from people that don't like typical BMW cars/owners?
Appreciate 0